My parents wanted to adopt when I was a baby, but never got over their reservations to actually do it. I want to adopt at some point myself, and I got into a small argument with them the other day over their reasons not to (which made me feel guilty in the end :( but oh well.)
So. Perhaps you have adopted children. Perhaps you never even entertained the thought of adopting. But humour me for a second here.
If you were to adopt...
1. Would you adopt a baby or a slightly older child?
2. Would you choose a child of the same race as yours (so they wouldn't feel out of place, etc.)?
3. Would you let them know they were adopted, or would you tell them "when the time is right" (and if so... how would you judge when the time IS right?)
4. Would you adopt an orphan, or somebody who still had family somewhere?
5. Would you adopt if you had a child of your own?
1. A baby who is too young to know what's going on
2. Same race
3. Wait until the time is right
4. A baby with no family at all
Me... keeping in mind that I'm probably nowhere near mature enough to care for children at all >__>;;
1. A child who understands that they're an orphan. I think it's important that they actually choose themselves to stay with me, rather than just going "OH YES I'M A RESPONSIBLE ADULT AND CAN MAKE THIS DECISION THAT WILL AFFECT THE REST OF THEIR LIVES"
2. It doesn't matter to me.
3. I'd like to have them know from the outset.
4. It doesn't matter
5. I have no desire to have children of my own, so... no. The world has enough kids without me needing to add my own spawn to the count.
Thoughts? Discussion? :3